- We provide a short video introducing the features of our docs. See Broadsign Documentation in MadCap Flare.
- Images are thumbnails. To embiggen, click the image.
- Search is based on keyword. Ex: "Proposals"
- Do not search with natural language. Ex: "How do I create a proposal?"
- For release notes and highlights (past and present), see Release Highlights.
- Broadsign provides docs for many of the latest versions of its products. For older documentation, see Docs Archives.
HTML Package Ad Copy
An HTML Package ad copy allows you to schedule a self-contained HTML file that displays HTML5 content.
Broadsign stores the package's extracted files on the local system. As a result, you do not have to worry about network issues, or latency, during content playback.
For general information about ad copies, see Ad Copies.
Note: As of Broadsign Control v12.1, we support Chromium version 59+.
Note: As of Broadsign Control v11.1, Chromium will not work on WinXP (though it will work on v11.0 and earlier). If you attempt to use Chromium on WinXP (Broadsign Control v11.1+), you will receive the following error message: "[2018-08-01T15:29:51](message) Frame [YourFrameID]. Could not play ad copy id [YourAdCopyID]. Could not find an appropriate codec."
Warning: If you are updating to Broadsign Control v12.0, and use Chromium, you will need to create a new configuration profile for v12.0.
To add an HTML package ad copy, use one of the following methods:
Go to the Schedules ribbon and select the arrow on the "Ad Copy" icon. Then, from the drop-down menu, select HTML Package.
From the resource tabs on the left, select "Ad Copies". Then, right-click anywhere in the work area. From the contextual menu, select New, then select HTML Package Content.
By default, the Add HTML Package Wizard contains the following pages:
- Welcome: Name the HTML package ad copy.
HTML Package Settings: Browse to locate and select the .zip file of your HTML package. Include the relative path to the root of the .zip archive.
Sample directory structure: package.zip | - bin (folder) | - src (folder) | - img (folder) | - logs (folder) | - html (folder) - | - index.html - | - foo.html - | - bar.html Sample path: html/index.html
Note: Once Broadsign Control Player has extracted the files, you can access them on the local system and make changes as needed.
To edit an HTML package ad copy, use the same method used for standard ad copies. See Edit Ad Copy Properties.
Note: HTML package ad copy properties have a tab not present in standard ad copy properties: HTML Package.