- We provide a short video introducing the features of our docs. See Broadsign Documentation in MadCap Flare.
- Images are thumbnails. To embiggen, click the image.
- Search is based on keyword. Ex: "Proposals"
- Do not search with natural language. Ex: "How do I create a proposal?"
- For release notes and highlights (past and present), see Release Highlights.
- Broadsign provides docs for many of the latest versions of its products. For older documentation, see Docs Archives.
To open the service panel, use one of the following methods:
Go to the Operations ribbon, and click on the Service Panel (Player) icon. For edge servers, click on the small arrow at the bottom of the icon. Then, from the drop-down menu, select Service Panel (Edge Server).
From the resource tabs on the left, select Edge Servers or Players. Then right-click anywhere in the work area. From the contextual menu, select Service Panel.
The General tab has three sections with information about your player or edge server.
The General section provides broad details about this resource.
- Critical Incidents: The total number of critical incidents that are affecting this resource.
- Display Unit Id: The ID of the display unit associated with this resource (player).
Display Unit Name: The name of the display unit associated with this resource (player).
Note: Due to scoping, you may be unable to access certain display units in the Administrator. However, you can access display unit details via the service panel of its associated player (no matter the scoping). For more details about scoping, see Scoping or Edit User Properties.
- Last stat played at: When the player reports statistics, this value records when the last repetition played on the player. This value is in local player time.
- License end date: Shows the end date of this resource's license.
- Licensed: Displays whether or not the resource is currently licensed.
- Number of stats last reported: When the player reports statistics, this value records how many statistics were sent in that poll.
- Resource ID: The unique ID of this player or edge server.
- Resource Name: The name of this player or edge server.
- Resource Type: Identifies whether or not this is a player or edge server.
- Warnings: The total number of warnings that are affecting this resource.
The Network section provides details about this resource's connection to the network, e.g., polling details (see The Network Tab).
At the top of the Network section, you will see the status of the resource, e.g., "Player 1 is offline".
- Last Poll: Shows when this player last polled Broadsign Server.
- Last Private IP: Shows the last private IP of the player on its LAN.
- Last Public IP: Shows the public IP of the player from when it last contacted the server.
- MAC address: Shows the last MAC address this player reported when connecting to the server.
- Next Poll: Shows when this player expects to poll next.
The Configuration section provides a list of configuration profiles connected to the player.
Due to scoping, you may be unable to access certain configuration profiles in the Administrator. However, you can access lists of configuration profiles via the service panels of their associated players (no matter the scoping). For more details about scoping, see Scoping or Edit User Properties.
If you have enabled Broadsign Control Live, the Screenshots tab of the Service Panel provides screenshots of what was recently displayed on your screens. You can set the interval between screenshots in The Live Tab (default is 600 s).
- Date: Select the date for which you want to see screenshots.
- Scrub through the 24-hours of the date you select to scan through the day's screenshots.
- Use the arrows on the left to move back and forth between consecutive screenshots.
- New screenshot: Enables you to immediately take a manual screenshot.
- Burst: Take multiple screenshots in rapid succession.
- Single: Take a single screenshot.
The Incidents tab shows an incident report for this specific player or edge server. This report is the same as generating an incident report on this resource (see Incident Report).
- Only show open incidents: You can adjust the report to show only open incidents.
The Bandwidth tab shows a bandwidth report for this specific player or edge server. This report is the same as generating a bandwidth report on this resource (see Bandwidth Report).
The Download tab shows a download report for this specific player or edge server. This report is the same as generating a download report on this resource (see Download Report).
The Field Report tab is only visible in a player's service panel. It is where you can see the diagnostic report sent by Broadsign Control Player on its last poll. It can contain the following information:
- Player ID: The ID of the player involved.
- Hostname: The hostname of the player involved.
- Local Time: Player local time and timezone offset.
- Clock Skew: The time difference between the player and Broadsign Server.
- Started On: When Broadsign Control Player process was initially started.
- Player Version: The version of Broadsign Control Player.
- Player Type: The bit-version of the operating system on which the player runs.
- AV Version: The version of the integrated audio/video playback engine.
- OS Version: The version of the operating system on the player involved.
- In Shell: Indicates whether or not the player is running inside the protected watchdog shell process that monitors can restart the player if errors are encountered.
- Current User: Indicates which user the player process is running as.
- OpenGL available: Indicates if OpenGL is available on the system on which Broadsign Control Player is running.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration: Indicates if OpenGL supports hardware acceleration.
- OpenGL vendor: Indicates the vendor of the installed OpenGL library.
- OpenGL renderer: Indicates the renderer of the installed OpenGL library.
- OpenGL version: Indicates the version of the installed OpenGL library.
- Disk Usage: Shows the current disk usage of monitored directories or partitions depending on the Disk Monitoring Method. Any external storage devices attached to the player are included in the total.
- Issue: The issued version of the operating system.
- Chromium Version: The Chromium version in use by the player, if applicable.
- Flash Player Version: The version of the Flash Player installed on the player.
- Internet Explorer Version: The version of Internet Explorer installed on the player.
Screen Resolution: The resolution in pixels of the player's desktop.
- Display Unit ID: The ID of the display unit currently assigned to the player.
Number of frames: The total number of frames being displayed.
- Currently Downloading: The ad copy ID of the piece of content that is currently being downloaded, as well as the edge server ID of where it is being acquired. Keep in mind that this will only be displayed in the field report if it is generated while Broadsign Control Player is actively downloading a file.
- Current Location: Indicates the name of the server or Broadsign Server from which Broadsign Control Player is polling.
- Video output: Indicates the most recently-used video output strategy.
- Video Hardware Acceleration: Indicates the hardware acceleration type, and the codecs it supports.
- Original Volume: Indicates the mixer's original volume.
- Current Volume: Indicates the mixer's current volume.
- Current Edge Server: The edge server ID of where Broadsign Control Player is acquiring its ad copies from.
- Bytes last received: The date and time on which data was last received.
- Next Ad Copies to download: Shows the ad copy IDs of the contents that are queued for downloading.
- Disk Monitoring Method: Shows how disk space on the player is currently being managed, either automatically based on the partition size or respecting a fixed size for the documents directory.
- Last Successful Synchronization(s): When a player is configured to use the synchronization monitor, this section indicates the most recent successful downloads of each URL.
For each frame, the following information is displayed:
- Frame ID: The ID of the frame.
- Currently playing Ad Copy ID: The ID of the currently playing ad copy.