Broadsign Reach is the single marketplace for Digital Out of Home (DOOH) buyers and sellers.
Note: If you have yet to get started with Broadsign Reach, please contact Broadsign Services.
Note: If you are already a Broadsign Reach client, then you have access to its product-specific documentation. This tutorial focuses only on those elements that require setup in Broadsign Control Administrator.
Broadsign Reach requires that you be familiar with the following resources in Broadsign Control Administrator:
In general, the workflow to enable Broadsign Reach in Broadsign Control Administrator is the following:
In order for Broadsign Control Player to grab content from Broadsign Reach, you need to configure your player.
To configure the player:
- Create a configuration.
Create a player configuration profile.
Note: Ensure that both your player and your player configuration profile are v12.0 or higher.
Open the Configuration Profile Properties, and go to Add-ons > Reach. See The Reach Tab.
- Configure the Broadsign Reach settings. For our example, we will configure the following:
Select Enable Broadsign Reach Integration.
Note: If Broadsign has yet to enable this service on your domain, you will be unable to select this option.
- Enter your Broadsign Reach API key. For more details, consult the Broadsign Reach documentation.
- If you want to control audio at the ad copy level, select Allow Audio. See Step Two: Create Broadsign Reach Content (below).
- If you want Broadsign Control Player to respect existing network controls, select Respect network controls. See Network Control.
- If you want to allow pre-caching of approved Broadsign Reach creatives (ad copies), select Pre-cache Reach creatives.
- Select when the Ad Requests should be sent to Broadsign Reach in the Acquire winning deals drop-down menu. You have the choice between Just in Time (which is the default value) and At the beginning of the loop. This feature is available on Broadsign Control Player Configuration profiles v13.2+. For more information, see Sending a Broadsign Reach Ad Request.
- Click OK or Apply.
- In the Configuration Properties, go to the Resources tab.
- To associate this configuration to a player, click Add.
- From the Select Resources dialogue box, select the player or players that will play your programmatic Broadsign Reach content.
This player can now receive content from Broadsign Reach.
The Broadsign Reach bidding configuration allows you to specify when to send the Ad Requests to Broadsign Reach. The configuration can be set to either Just in Time or At the beginning of the loop.
If the bidding is set to Just in Time, then the Ad Requests are sent when the next slot is pre-buffered. This is the default behavior.
Note: Just in Time bidding is not compatible with Broadsign Control Live Synchronization.
If the bidding is set to At the beginning of the loop, then the Ad Requests are sent at the beginning of the loop.
The following describes the behavior of the Just-In-Time configuration:
- Broadsign Reach bid requests for which the creative is not yet fully downloaded will trigger an immediate download of the creative.
- Broadsign Reach bid requests for which the creative is available will pre-buffer the content as a normal slot would.
- Broadsign Reach content supports transitions (that is, crossfade).
- The beginning of loop bidding works with both trigger-based and time-based network sync.
- If the slot goes unfilled by Broadsign Reach, if possible, it is replaced from pre-emptible campaigns.
Broadsign Reach ad copies create a holding place which a DSP (demand-side platform) will fill during real-time-bidding. The creation of this ad copy is required for integration with Broadsign Reach.
For more information, see Broadsign Reach Content.
To add Broadsign Reach content:
To add Broadsign Reach content, use one of the following methods:
Go to the Schedules ribbon and select the arrow on the "Ad Copy" icon. Then, from the drop-down menu, select Broadsign Reach.
From the resource tabs on the left, select "Ad Copies". Then, right-click anywhere in the work area. From the contextual menu, select New, then select Broadsign Reach Content.
By default, the Add Broadsign Reach Content Wizard contains the following pages:
Welcome: Name the Broadsign Reach content.
Add Broadsign Reach Content Wizard: The default value is to allow any Broadsign Reach deals to win a bid.
If you want only specific Broadsign Reach deals to win a bid, check the Only these deals can win option and enter the allowed Broadsign Reach deals IDs in the field. The deals IDs must be comma-separated. When scheduled to play, the specific deal ID ad copies can only fill a slot with bidders responding to those deals.
In Broadsign Reach, the location of your screens and display units is very important. To save you time setting up your domain, you can bulk import display unit location data.
You will need to import .csv files containing the following information:
- Display Unit ID
- Display Unit Name
- Folder Name
- External ID
- Location Code
- Address (in Google format)
Ensure that your .csv files are in the following format:
[Display Unit ID#], [Display Unit Name], [Folder Name], [External ID#], [Location Code], [Address], [Latitude], [Longitude]
Here is a sample CSV file:
4527458, JFK Terminal 1, Folder Name?, 6080, Location Code?, "705 Rue Sainte-Catherine, Montreal, QC H3B 4G5", 45.5027544, -73.5714715
To bulk import display unit addresses:
Note: The process for exporting display unit addresses is basically the same. From the contextual menu, select "Export Addresses".
- Select a display unit from your domain.
In the Work Area, right-click anywhere. The contextual menu appears. From the menu, select Import Addresses.
The Import Display Unit Addresses wizard opens. To import your CSV file, click Select CSV File.
Windows File Explorer opens. Navigate to the location of your CSV file.
Click Open. On the Import Display Unit addresses page, click Next. The Import Results page appears, along with a status of the import.
In this example, of the five display units we tried to update, all but one were successful. For more details, click OK.