Player Software Interface
Through its interface, Broadsign Control Player provides you with a number of options and actions.
The following actions are available:
Full Screen: Expands the software panel to fill the monitor screen.
Note: If you have two or more screens synced to the player — without targeting — "full screen" mode will fill all screens.
- Show Decorations: Enables or disables the title bar and the window borders.
- Always On Top: Prevents the software panel from hiding behind other windows.
The following operations are available:
- Poll Now: A player polls every forty minutes by default (for more details, see The Network Tab). You can enforce a player-poll for testing purposes by selecting Poll Now. The player will download and start your changes.
- Synchronize Files: Synchronizes local copies of files (on the player) with their remote sources over HTTP or FTP. For more information, see The Monitor Sync Section.
- Clear Requests: Cancels recent requests, e.g., push requests and sync URL requests.
The following options are available:
MAC Filter: When you select a MAC address from this list, the player excludes it from the list of MACs sent to Broadsign Server. This list links a MAC to a player. You may want to use this feature if your player has a non-unique MAC address. For example, many 3G dongles or VPNs use the same MAC address.
- Debugging Tools: Displays an overlay showing the player status.