This section contains the complete release notes for all releases of Broadsign Publish.
- Now you can schedule Messages without an end date! See 3- Schedule the Message.
- You can now batch "move", “delete” and “share” resources from the Your Library or Your Screens pages. See:
- When viewing what is playing on a screen, you can toggle messages to play either in the specified order or randomly. See See What is Playing on Your Screen.
- You can now select all screens outside of the "shared with me" folder.
- Fixed an issue that a user sees the notification for their own message.
- We addressed an issue with message access permission.
- You can now upload multiple assets at once using the new upload button in the library, see Add Content to the Library.
- You can now select multiple screens when creating or editing a message by selecting folders or using the “select all” check box, see 2- Select Screens.
- Impersonation functionality needed to refresh the page to show accurate info.
- You can now add comments to library items, see Comments Panel.
- Select an item in the library, and then click on the "Associated comments" tab to the right of the screen to view or add comments.
- In-app content notifications, see Notification Center.
- Approvers will receive a notification when new pieces of content are waiting for approval.
- The owner of the content will receive a notification when it is approved or rejected.
- When a comment is added to a piece of content, the owner and all users that have previously commented on the asset will receive a notification.
- More email notifications
- Emails are now also sent to users when their messages or pieces of content have been approved or rejected.
- When a comment is added to a message or a piece of content, the owner and all users that have previously commented will receive an email notification.
- Email notifications can be deactivated for any users that do not need to receive notification in forms of emails, see Add and Edit Users.
- Local users were potentially receiving notifications for their own actions.
- Last message on the screen “playing on” view can no longer be hidden by the page footer.
- Eye icon was no longer launching the library preview.
- Message Comments can be added from the confirmation page of the wizard at creation or approval time.
- In-app Message Notifications, see Notification Center:
- Approvers will receive a notification when new messages are waiting for approval.
- The message creators will receive a notification when it is approved or rejected.
- When a comment is added to a message, the message owner and all users that have previously commented on the message will receive a notification.
- Now you can add comments to messages, see Comments Panel.
- Select a message in the list view or grid view, and then click the Associated comments tab on the right of the screen to view or add comments.
- PNG file extension is now accepted besides png.
- We added some UI customizations.
- We added some UI customizations.
- The Emergency Message feature is now available!
- To configure a Player to use the Emergency Message feature, see Configure the Emergency URL.
- To activate an Emergency Message, see Activate an Emergency Message.
- There are two different permissions to control who can prepare and who can activate an emergency message, see Message Permissions.
- To receive an email notification when an Emergency Message is activated and deactivated , see Emergency Messaging Contact List.
Note that the Emergency Message feature is not compatible with videos for this version.
- New approval workflow for messages.
- Add customized links in Broadsign Publish so the users can easily navigate to useful resources, see Add Custom Links.
- Don’t want your users to manage their own passwords? Now you can limit password reset access, see Add and Edit Users.
- Added the grid view mode to allow a quick find of messages. See List View vs. Grid View (Your Messages) and List View vs. Grid View (Your Emergencies).
- Tooltips are added to disabled buttons to indicate how to proceed.
- The calendar for scheduling a message is now properly showing the user selected language.
Cancelling a message edit will now properly redirect to the message view.
- When removing a screen from Broadsign Publish, the messages are not removed from the playlist, so they will continue to play. A workaround is to unregister from the Broadsign Publish Admin page.
- General UI improvements.
- We fixed some minor translation issues.
- We fixed an error preventing users from deleting screens.
Forgot your login password? We added a “I forgot my password” link to help you reset it. See Reset Password.
- Users can now delete their own content without any special permission but are prevented from deleting their folders if content from others are in (requires “assets | can delete content” permission).
- Permission to access all messages from a shared screen is now fixed (can access player messages).
- Content approvers do not require the “admin” access to be able to approve or reject content anymore.
We have added two new permissions:
“assets | can change content” allows a user to rename and delete content that was shared with them. It also allows create folders under a shared folder structure.
“assets | can delete content” allows a user to delete content.
See Assets Permissions.
Fixed an issue where content added by a user could be hidden from the group manager.
HTML templates with image upload now respect PNG transparency.
HTML templates with more than one customizable image slot now display the selected image independent from one another.
- Added a “Waiting for approval” filter for the library content. See Approve or Reject Content.
- Network operators can now filter messages by user / user groups. See Filter by Users or Groups.
- Email notification will be sent to the moderators for content approval. There is a hyperlink in the email to navigate directly to the approval page. No more need to search for the contents needing approval! See Approve or Reject Content from Email.
- Native Broadsign Play support in Broadsign Publish (Media such as video and audio will start playing once the playback starts, instead of at prebuffer time). See Modify the HTML5 Template.
- Message key information can now be viewed on any message list.
- You can limit the maximum message duration for a domain in the domain settings. See Set the Maximum Message Duration.
- You can set a Broadsign Control Administrator folder for Broadsign Publish creatives. See Define the Broadsign Control Ad Copy Folder ID.
- A new feature to impersonate other managed users is now available. Use this feature to guide your users or just to verify the user is correctly set up before giving them access. See Impersonate a User.
- You can now include and allow selection of an audio file to play from a template. See Modify the HTML5 Template.
- You can now include and allow users to pick and crop an approved image to use that is not already included in a template.
- Don’t want a message to play on a screen anymore? You can remove it from the screen view. See Remove a Message from a Screen.
- Unregistered screens are now automatically removed from messages.
- Added better folder, screen, and content management, such as move, rename, delete and create.
- Now you can select different images included in the template when creating messages.
- We show more messages information such as dates and screens targeted.
- You can now see what is playing on a specific screen by clicking it. See See What is Playing on Your Screen.
- Organize your domain access by sharing content and screen access to group of users or specific persons. Contents have “Waiting for approval”, “Approved” and “Rejected” states now. You can reject or approve contents in the preview page.
- Assign the approval permission to users so they can approve or reject contents. See Define Groups and users Management.
- You can now specify users or groups that need their contents approved by an approver.
- New permission to access all of the messages from a screen. This permission will automatically be added to users that had access to the players loops in Creator. See Screen Permissions.