The JNIOR is a device that, when triggered, pushes control commands for multiple devices.
For example, with a JNIOR you can control light settings and the curtains at various stages of a Pre-Show (or Post-Show).
To configure JNIOR as part of Broadsign Cinema, you need to push additional configuration settings to the Player set-up. Once applied, Broadsign initiates the following commands during the Pre-Show playback:
- When the Pre-Show begins, the Broadsign Player initiates a
start_projectormacro. This macro, which we initiate thirty seconds prior to the start of the preshow playback, warms up the projector.
- When the Pre-Show playback begins, the Broadsign Player executes the
start_preshowcommand which can dim the lights slightly, open the curtains, etc.
- When the Pre-Show completes the playback, the Broadsign Player executes the
end_preshowcommand which can dim the lights more, open the curtains wider, etc.
Every 2 seconds, the Broadsign Player issues the following commands:
If the fire alarm is active, or the main feature projector is on, the Broadsign Player immediately stops playing the preshow content. A Broadsign Player log snippet of such an event would look like:
"(message) JNIOR: Aborting playback. Commandsent: get movie_status Response: 04/15/15 19:24:46.555 + movie_on"
You will need to configure the Broadsign player via your local configuration file. You can then initiate or confirm movie and fire alarm statuses.
To push the additional configuration settings:
- Open up your local configuration file, according to your OS.
- Enter the following parameters:
bsp.monitor_showtime/jnior_ip=[see your JNIOR set-up]
For more information about these specific parameters, see JNIOR Configuration Parameters (below).
To confirm the status of fire alarm or movie:
- Open a telnet session to JNIOR.
- To verify the fire alarm status, run
- To verify the movie status, run
To initiate an active fire alarm or movie status:
- Open an internet browser to your JNIOR’s IP address.
- To set the main feature projector, in the “Movie On” output, toggle the Movie Status to “active” or “inactive”.
- To set the Fire Alarm:
- Active Fire Alarm: In the “Fire Alarm On” output, right-click the Toggle button. Select Pulse. Enter “2000 ms”, and then click OK.
- Inactive Fire Alarm: In the “Fire Alarm Clear” output, right-click the Toggle button. Select Pulse. Enter “2000 ms”, and then click OK.
Deciding to include Broadsign Cinema’s Post-Show feature will impact your JNIOR automation.
All the configuration requirements for Configuring JNIOR remain the same; however, the Broadsign player will adjust the actual end-time of the playlist. As a result, the Player overrides the specified show time.
For more information about Post-Show, see Broadsign Cinema Post-Show.
|Parameter||Description||Value for Broadsign Cinema|
|bsp.monitor_showtime/jnior_ip||Defined by your JNIOR setup.||Your JNIOR’s IP address.|
|bsp.monitor_showtime/jnior_port||Broadsign sets “9234” as the default value; optional.||9234|
|bsp.monitor_showtime/jnior_warmup_delay||Broadsign sets “30” as the default value; units are in seconds; optional.||30|