On this page, we show you how to create and edit a configuration.
You can control some of a player or edge server’s settings through Broadsign Administrator. For example, by assigning a configuration to the player or edge server, you can adjust poll frequency or cache size.
To add a configuration, use one of the following methods:
- Go to the Operations ribbon, and then select the “Configuration” icon.
- From the resource tabs on the left, select “Configurations”. Then, right-click anywhere in the work area. From the contextual menu, select Add Configuration.
By default, the Add Configuration Wizard contains the following pages:
- Welcome: Name the configuration.
- Configuration Type: Select whether this is a player or edge server configuration.
To edit a configuration, use one of the following methods:
- From the list panel, select a configuration. Then, from the view bar, select Edit.
- From the list panel, double-click on a configuration.
- General: Find the resource ID and configuration type, edit the name and deactivate the configuration, if you want.
- Configuration Profiles: Add, edit, remove or clone configuration profiles. For more details, see Configuration Profiles – Players or Configuration Profiles – Edge Servers.
- Resources: Find a list of players using the configuration.
- Device Controls: Allows you to define certain device control operations relative to the associated display unit’s opening hours. Using this form of device controls allows you define operations that occur frequently, without having to change the scheduling when a site’s opening hours change.
After you have created a configuration in your network, you can then move on to other basic steps: