On this page, we describe the settings available for a player’s configuration profile.
To see similar settings for edge servers, see Configuration Profiles – Edge Servers.
Configuration profiles are collections of settings pertaining to a particular range of Broadsign Core product versions.
For example, you may have three separate players in your network, each of different versions. If you want to assign configurations to them, you need to create a separate profile for each player version. So, in this case, you would have three configuration profiles.
To add a profile to a configuration, see Network Operations Tutorial – Create a Configuration.
To access a configuration profile’s properties, see Network Operations Tutorial – Create a Configuration.
Broadsign’s suite of products are very feature-rich, and highly configurable. Configuration profiles well illustrate this fact, as there are many features you can alter using them.
We divide these settings by the following tabs in the configuration profile settings:
- The General Section: Provides details about the version range supported by the profile.
- The Settings Section: Contains most of the general settings and parameters that you can configure for a particular player.
- The Products Section: Applying exclusively to player configuration profiles, the settings in this section control the behaviours of the various media products used to display content on-screen.
- The Devices and Triggers Section: Allows you to define how the player interacts with RS232 devices, e.g., attached screens or barcode scanners.
- The Monitor Sync Section: Allows the Player to periodically synchronize local copies of files with their remote sources over http or ftp.
- The Monitors Section: Contains the settings that monitor the performance and health of the Player PC.
- The Add-ons Section: Contains the settings for features and products that Broadsign considers to be add-ons to our core products.
Under the following tabs of a player configuration profile, you can use advanced mode:
- Devices and Triggers > Devices > Devices
- Devices and Triggers > Devices > Actions
- Devices and Triggers > Triggers > Trigger Configuration
- Monitor Sync > URLs
Advanced mode helps with copying any of these settings from an existing configuration profile. If you create another profile, and want it to have the same trigger configuration (for example), copy and paste the XML of your existing configuration.
To use advanced mode:
For this example, we will use a synchronization URL.
- In the Configuration Profile Properties of a player, go to Monitor Sync > URLs.
- Select Advanced Mode.
- In the XML window, copy the XML of your existing synchronization URL.
- Paste it in the same tab of your new configuration profile.
<monitor_sync_config version="1"> <sync expiry="0" timeout_period="30000" refresh_period="1800000"> <url append_zipcode="1" sync_mode="1" folder="1" append_id="1"> <from>http://www.broadsign.com</from> <to>/destination/path/</to> </url> </sync> </monitor_sync_config>
From advanced mode, to return to basic mode, click Basic Mode.