The Monitors section contains the settings that monitor the performance and health of the player PC. If possible, Broadsign Administrator will then take corrective action.
For general information about configuration profiles for players, see Configuration Profiles – Players.
For edge server profiles, see Configuration Profiles – Edge Servers.
Use the Emergency tab to configure Broadsign Creator emergency messaging.
- Enable the Emergency Monitor: Enables the feature.
- URL: Your unique Broadsign Creator emergency messaging URL (for more details, consult the Broadsign Creator “Help” PDF):
- Send “Power On” RS-232 command to attached displays: When enabled, if you are using RS-232 device control, an emergency message will automatically turn on your screen if it is not already on. Likewise, it will restore the correct power state after the emergency messsage finishes. You must define the “Power On”, “Power Off” and “Assert Power” actions for this to work.
The CPU tab contains settings to enable High CPU usage and duration thresholds.
- Threshold: With the Threshold setting enabled, the Player will send an incident notification if the CPU usage exceeds the High CPU Threshold for a duration longer than the High CPU Period specified in seconds.
- Frequency: The Frequency section controls how often the CPU usage monitor verifies the CPU usage settings and how often CPU usage is logged. A log frequency setting of zero (0) seconds disables the logging.
The Reboots tab contain settings that allow you to define scheduled OS reboots and/or player restarts.
Although the Broadsign Player application does not need any scheduled reboots or restarts, in some cases, third party software and drivers might require it. If this is the case, you can define a reboot or restart schedule according to your business needs by first enabling the reboots or restarts, then checking the days of the week you would like to have it performed, and lastly, the time of the day that it should occur.