Customers are organizations that wish to display an advertisement in your network.
They represent a source of content you can book and schedule to Broadsign Players. For easier management, the customer resource can collect the ad copies and campaigns of a client in one location.
With the customer resource, you can also:
- set a locale for language and country
- set tax rates for certain reports
- set default categories for campaigns
The “Customers” training video is part of the “Content and Scheduling” playlist:
Customers: Outlines how to create a customer resource, and book campaigns from within it.
To add a customer, use one of the following methods:
- Go to the Schedules ribbon, and then select the “Customer” icon.
- From the resource tabs on the left, select “Customers”. Then, right-click anywhere in the work area. From the contextual menu, select Add Customer.
By default, the Add Customer Wizard contains the following pages:
- Welcome: Name the configuration.
- Locale Selection: Select the language and country for your customer.
To edit a customer, use one of the following methods:
- From the list panel, select a customer. Then, from the view bar, select Edit.
- From the list panel, double-click on a customer.
The General Section
- General: Find the resource ID, edit the customer name, and deactivate the resource, if you want.
- Locale: Edit the language and country (used to configure currency).
- Taxes: Apply any regional taxes.
- Defaults: Here you can specify default separation categories and full screen properties for this customer. If set, all campaigns created beneath this customer will inherit these properties. This avoids having to set these properties repeatedly on each bundle in each campaign the customer has. Note that these properties only apply to newly created campaigns; changing these properties will not affect existing campaigns.
The Footers Section
- Insertion Report Footer: Specify the default insertion report footer for orders.
- Affidavit Report Footer: Specify the default affidavit report footer for orders.
Customer folder properties are identical to campaign folder properties. See Campaigns – Folder Properties, Contacts and Notifications.
After you have created a customer in your network, you can then move on to other basic steps: