Events are special campaigns.
You can schedule an event, outside of a regular playback loop, to appear at a predefined time. Events can also repeat daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
The “Events” training video is part of the “Content and Scheduling” playlist:
Events: Describes how to book an event.
Events are used to define special periods of time in which specific content should be displayed on-screen. A typical example of this would be the “Happy Hour” scheduling for a Bar network. The Happy Hour content should begin at a specific time and end at a specific time. To achieve this, an event would be created to ensure that the Happy Hour promotional content preempts the normally scheduled loop content.
If an event lasts longer than the cumulative time of all the bundles associated to it, the bundles will simply loop repeatedly until the event ends.
To book an event, use one of the following methods:
- Go to the Schedules ribbon, and then select the “Event” icon.
- From the resource tabs on the left, select Events. Then, right-click anywhere in the work area. From the contextual menu, select Add Event.
- From the resource tabs on the left, select Ad Copies. Then, right-click on an ad copy. From the contextual menu, select Add Event.
- From the resource tabs on the left, select Display Units. In map view, select the Book Event icon. For more information, see Display Units in Map View.
When booking an event, keep in mind the following:
- Targeting: Events are targeted in the same way as campaigns. See Campaigns – Booking.
- Timing: Events will start at exactly the defined start time, as interpreted by the local player’s system time and remote timezone configuration. You can use this behaviour when you need to have something displayed at exactly a certain time.
- Occurrence: When creating an event, you can define its occurrence. An event has a start date and time. This represents the first time the event will be displayed for the specified duration. In addition, you can define that the event repeats on a Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly basis. Each occurrence type has its own properties to define that govern how the event will be repeated. You can define how many times the event should occur, or which days of the week or month it should occur on.
- Effect on achieved repetitions: Considering that events are intended to preempt the normally scheduled content for a specific period of time, the normally scheduled campaigns will not have an opportunity to run. Therefore, the achieved repetitions will be lower than the estimate. The estimated repetitions of a campaign do not take into account any scheduled events.
To edit an event, use one of the following methods:
- From the list panel, select an event. Then, from the view bar, select Edit.
- From the list panel, double-click on an event.
The properties of an event are similar to those of campaigns. See Campaigns – Editing.