Media packages are designed to be sold by the advertising sales representative in your firm. Also, scheduling or traffic departments can reserve campaigns based on the media packages that are pre-defined.
When a media package is defined, and the purchasing terms agreed upon, the information is passed along to the scheduling team at your firm to reserve the time on your network and link the media file to the campaign.
You can create a campaign in Broadsign Administrator based on the media package. The targeting and unique properties of the media package will be inherited automatically and the only values to specify are:
- campaign name
- start date
- number of flights
- a duration multiplier
- the ad copies used by the campaign
- any special targeting required by the campaign
To add a media package, from the resource tabs on the left, select “Media Packages”. Then, right-click anywhere in the work area. From the contextual menu, select Add Media Package.
By default, the Add Media Package Wizard contains the following pages:
- Welcome: Name the configuration.
- Flight Duration: Specify the flight duration of the media package.
- Display Unit Targeting: Define the display unit targeting for the media package. See Criteria and Conditions.
- Frame Targeting: Define frame targeting criteria for the media package. See Criteria and Conditions.
- Duration: Specify the duration and saturation of the media package.
- Category Separation: Select the category to use for separation (and, if you want, a secondary category). See Categories and Triggers.
- Locale Selection: Enter the language and country for the default unit price. This feature is similar to events. See Events.
- Price Information: Set the unit price (monetary value per unit) and pricing type (cost per repetition, screen, or thousand impressions; or fixed cost).
To edit a media package, use one of the following methods:
- From the list panel, select a media package. Then, from the view bar, select Edit.
- From the list panel, double-click on a media package.
Promoting the Campaign
When a Campaign is created from a Media Package it is not immediately active on the Display Units it is targeting since it in the Held state. This allows you to review the Campaign properties or setup a different level of responsibility to a user with sufficient privileges to activate the Campaign. In order to release the Campaign from the Held state simply edit it and select Promote from the General tab.
Campaign is created from a Media Package it will inherit the properties defined in the media tab group, namely, the separation, segment and trigger categories as well as the full screen property. Note that these properties only apply to newly created Campaigns, changing these properties will not affect existing Campaigns.