Prior to installing Broadsign Edge Server on a computer with Microsoft Windows, we recommend that you verify the following to ensure the installation proceeds quickly and efficiently.
Currently, Broadsign Edge Server is only compatible with the following versions of Windows (either 32 and 64 bit):
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP3+)
- Microsoft Windows XP Embedded (SP3+)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business
- Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 Pro
- Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 10
It is important that correct device drivers be installed. These will be on a CD supplied with your hardware. It is important that these drivers be installed so that the system runs as expected. If you have difficulties with this step, refer to your hardware component’s instruction manual to find out which drivers you need.
The system’s time and time zone should be set by accessing the “Date and Time” utility. To ensure that the system’s date and time stay up to date, it should be configured to synchronize itself with a time server. To do so, the “Internet Time” tab of the “Date and Time” utility should be selected and configured accordingly.
To allow remote administration of Broadsign Edge Server in case of difficulties, enable the Remote Desktop service.
- Click Start.
- Right-click on My Computer, and then select System Properties.
- Click on the Remote tab.
- Check the box that says Enable Remote Desktop on this computer.
- Click OK.
We recommend that you enable the following behaviors on your PC’s BIOS:
- Restart on failure: Recovers from an unexpected power failure.
- Do not halt on failure: Allows the server to boot without a keyboard or mouse.