An emergency message must be explicitly activated.
Note: Only users with the Can activate an emergency message permission can activate an emergency message. If you need this permission, contact your domain administrator. For more information, see Users and Groups Permissions.
Once you activate an emergency message, it takes over the screens on which it has been scheduled to play for the specific date, time, and duration set. All other messages are pushed away.
There are two ways to activate an emergency message:
- From the Broadsign Publish interface (Activate an Emergency Message in Broadsign Publish)
- By texting an activation code (Activate an Emergency Message by SMS)
It is possible to activate an emergency message from the Your Emergencies page of the Broadsign Publish interface.
To activate an emergency message:
It is possible to activate an emergency message without logging in to Broadsign Publish. This is done by sending an SMS. A security guard, for instance, could activate the emergency message from his mobile as soon as an emergency occurs.
Warning: Standard carrier fees may apply depending on your region or contract.
The following requirements must be met to activate an emergency message by SMS:
- The emergency message must have already been prepared. For more information, see Prepare an Emergency Message.
- An activation code must be set when preparing the emergency message, in the Confirm page of the Message Creation Wizard. For more information, see 4- Review and Confirm the Message.
- The user's mobile number must be defined in the user settings. For more information, see Add a New User.
- The user must have the Can activate an emergency message permission. For more information, see Users and Groups Permissions.
- The user must know the number where to text the activation code: +1 (647) 371-0911.
To activate an emergency message by SMS:
- Send the activation code of the proper emergency message in a text message to Broadsign Publish at +1 (647) 371-0911.
Broadsign Publish will recognize the activation code and then activate associated messages with the predefined screen targeting and duration.