You can preview an existing message if it has the icon next to it.
If the message is both on landscape and portrait screens, you can toggle the preview to show the message in both portrait and landscape modes by clicking the or icon in the preview.
You can view the play frequency of the message.
To preview a message:
- On the Your Messages page, click the icon next to the message to preview.
The message is displayed.
This windows allows you to perform the following actions:
- Read or make comments on the message (Making or Reading a Comment).
- Delete the message (Delete Messages).
- For messages with audio, turn the sound on or off.
- Check how the content displays under various aspect ratios. See Aspect Ratio.
- When screens are both in portrait and landscape, preview the messages in both modes by clicking the or icon in the preview.
- Approve or reject the message (Approve or Reject a Message).
Media files (images, videos, and templates) come in a variety of formats and aspect ratios. The screens that play these media files also come in various aspect ratios. To make informed decisions on the aspect ratio of the content to be used, you can use Broadsign Publish to review the media file according to different aspect ratios. You can thus confidently publish the message without necessarily being close to the screen on which it will play.
Broadsign Publish supports the following ratios:
- 3:4 (Portrait)
- 4:3 (Landscape)
- 16:9 (Landscape)
- 9:16 (Portrait)
By default, the media file is shown with the 16:9 aspect ratio.
If the media file does not match the selected aspect ratio, it is cropped or white spaced.