Broadsign Control Player 14.0.x
- [CORE-19787] Fixed an issue that caused the player to enter a crash loop when configured for Broadsign Reach with bsp.provider_net_ready_sync.enabled set to false.
- [CORE-20835] Fixed an issue causing interactive campaigns to play for an incorrect duration.
- [CORE-20342] Fixed an issue that resulted in audience CSV files generated by Broadsign Direct being misread by the player.
- [CORE-20465] Fixed an issue in which content variables were not passed to Inline Frame (iFrame) HTML elements.
- [CORE-20477] Fixed an issue where the interactivity timeout value was not passed to Broadsign Control Player correctly.
- [CORE-20481] Fixed an issue for external playlists that caused creatives used for “padding” to play more often than they should.
- [CORE-20593] Fixed an issue where application ad copies could not be run with administrator permissions.
- [CORE-20648] Fixed an issue that skipped video ad copies that had an audio layer, if the system lacked an audio device.
- [CORE-20690] Fixed an issue where device OpCodes failed to send via RS-232.
- [CORE-20743] Fixed an issue in which the player ignored the “run once” option for application ad copy.
- Presentation Layer: Overhauled presentation layer and processing pipeline is significantly more efficient and takes full advantage of modern hardware capabilities.
- Decoding: Improved video decoding performance
- Transitions: Smoother transitions
- See The Presentation Section and Player Software Interface
- Chromium 80: HTML content rendered using Chromium version 80.
Hardware and Platform Requirements and Changes
- Operating Systems: The following Operating Systems are supported:
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, 18.04 LTS and 20.04 LTS (64-bit)
- Windows 7, 8 and 10 (32- and 64-bit)
Note: Support for OpenGL is now required on all Operating Systems.
Notable Behavior Changes
- Broadsign Reach Proof-of-Play audience data will now match data used during the bid request instead of the data measured during the ad playback.
- Transitions: Transition configuration is now unified across all content types (see Transitions). For older versions of Broadsign Control Administrator, the Video transition configuration will be used.
- Page Turn: Using an image on the back of the page turn transition has been removed.
- POP: Content of unknown duration must play for at least 500 milliseconds to record a Proof-of-Play.
- Fixed Slot Duration: Content that is longer than fixed slot durations will now create truncated ad copy incidents.
When bspsh.exe is executed, the Windows Error Reporting UI will be disabled for the current user. This prevents any Broadsign Control Player crash dialog from appearing in the foreground, even when Broadsign Control Player is not running in "full-screen" mode.
- [CORE-18998] Web Speech API support in HTML content. See Text-to-Speech.
- [CORE-18936] Configurable Chromium cache location.
- [CORE-17915] A new criteria of type Grouping allows you to easily group together Display Units, which then appear in Broadsign Direct as indivisible and targetable selection of inventory. Further, in Broadsign Control, you can use the Grouping criteria as the synchronization set name for the all DUs in the group, eliminating the need to enter a name manually.
- [CORE-19266] Players now switch to a secondary Edge Server for Emergency Message when the primary Edge Server is unavailable.
- [CORE-15868] A player can now try to acquire content by rotating between multiple edge servers. Previously, a player attached to the edge server with the lowest ID.
- [CORE-14924] In previous releases, Broadsign Control Player could automatically match ad copy in a bundle to a display based on criteria or aspect ratio. Now it can automatically match based on the resolution too. See Ad Copy Criteria and Resolution Matching.
- [CORE-18705] The maximum campaign saturation limit of 99 has been increased. Campaigns can now have a maximum saturation of +/-200 inclusive.
- [CORE-19872] Fixed an issue in which Broadsign Control Player fails to log certain playback or preparation errors.
- [CORE-19880] Fixed an audio output error on Ubuntu Virtual Machine (VM).
- [CORE-19841] Content download may not resume gracefully when interrupted by a power outage.
- [CORE-19702] Network controls for Broadsign Reach might be disregarded.
- [CORE-17435] Some playback incidents do not get closed and they should be.
- [CORE-19224] Under some circumstances Real-Time POP may report impressions as 0.
- [CORE-19582] Reach downloads might fail when monitor synchronization fails.
- [CORE-19341] Unexpected shutdowns can sometimes occur when using Broadsign Reach and monitor synchronization when Internet connection is intermittent or absent.
- [CORE-20509] Setting up a URL sync for a manifest file fails if the endpoint does not return a server header.
- [CORE-21134] Broadsign Reach slots that lack content do not get replaced by pre-emptible campaigns.
- [CORE-20848] Playing HVEC/H.265 media with hardware acceleration turned on can result in unexpected Broadsign Control Player shutdowns.
The following features are deprecated and no longer available in Broadsign Control:
- Adobe Flash
- Internet Explorer HTML rendering
- Windows Media Player video output
- Direct3D video output
- Xvideo video output
- Gilbarco integration
- DI-API integration
- Native Digital TV integration (i.e video capture cards) - still available via application ad copies (see Best Practices for Video Capture Content)
- Star Wipe Transition type
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS support