The Presentation Section
The Presentation section applies exclusively to player configuration profiles. The settings in this section control the behaviours of the various media products used to display content on-screen.
Note: This section is one of several under Configuration Profile Properties for players. For general information, see Configuration Profiles - Players. For edge server profiles, see Configuration Profiles - Edge Servers.
The Presentation section has only one tab, also called Presentation, which contains several parts:
You can control the use of smooth transitions between consecutive image or video ad copies displayed on the player.
The supported types of transitions are:
- Fade In / Fade Out
- Fades the ad copy in from black and fades it back to black.
- Fades one ad copy out while the other one fades in. This only works if you have two ad copies back-to-back; otherwise, the transition will not be applied.
- Page Turn
- The corner of the ad copy curls up in 3D and the current ad copy is pulled off the screen revealing the ad copy underneath. This transition only works if you have two ad copies back-to-back; otherwise, the transition will not be applied.
Note: Ad copy transitions are dependent on OpenGL to achieve smooth animation and good performance. If you experience poor quality or high CPU usage, check the Diagnostics Report to see if your system has OpenGL installed and that it is hardware accelerated. To achieve optimum performance, always install the latest GPU driver from your video card vendor. Microsoft drivers delivered through Windows Update typically have very poor OpenGL implementations.
The Video Playback controls the playback of video ad copies on the Player.
The Prefer hardware acceleration option enables the GPU hardware acceleration on hardware that support it to offer better video playback performance. GPU hardware acceleration may provide better performance in specific cases, while disabling it may provide better stability.
For more information on the hardware and codecs supported, see Content Formats.
Here you can configure the parameters that control the usage of HTML content on the player. For more details about variables and how to use them, see Content Variables.
- Allow local URLs
- Allow links to local URLs (for example, C:somefile.html).
- Allow "mailto" URLs
- Allow “mailto:” hyperlinks to email addresses.
- Append Resource ID / Append Location Code / Append Address
- Optionally appending dynamic variables (Player Resource Id, Display Unit Location Code or Display Unit Address) to URLs fetched by the player’s browser. Appending these variables allows intelligent server-side logic to work out which player is requesting a resource and customize its response. Appending the player’s resource ID with the default variable name is required for use with Broadsign Publish. For example, if the URL requested is http://sample.com and the HTML product is configured to append the Resource ID and the variable name is set to “player_id”, the actual request the server receives will be http://sample.com?player_id=12345.
- Append Latitude/Longitude
- You can configure Broadsign Control Player to dynamically adjust its content to the latitude and longitude of the screen.
- Append Frame Id
- Allows to dynamically adapt web redirect content based on the frame it is targeting. With web content, appending the frame id to the URL allows more flexibility and an easier way to manage dynamic content per frame. This feature is available on Broadsign Control Player Configuration Profile version 13.2+.
- Pre-Buffer Ad Copy
Note: The Append ... variables are automatically appended to all web redirects.
Here you can control whether a player is allowed to run application ad copies with administrator rights. See Application Ad Copy.
Note: When an application ad copy runs as an administrator, the player does not control the end of the process and the application can therefore run indefinitely if it does not have a mechanism to end itself.
Warning: If you do not enable this option, and you have scheduled an application ad copy to run as an administrator, it will not run at all.