The purpose of this quick setup tutorial is to describe the basic steps in setting up your domain on Broadsign Direct.
Note: Domain settings are available only to users assigned the Admin role. For more information, see User Privileges by Role.
Broadsign Services will work with you to configure your company information on Broadsign Direct.
Before receiving your Admin user login credentials, you will need to send Broadsign the following:
- Terms and conditions (optional): The text of your terms and conditions. Will appear on your proposal PDFs to send to prospects. Submit as text in an email.
- Whitelist of folder ID#s (display units and criteria): Send us the folder ID#s of display units and criteria that you want to whitelist. We need to sync selected display units and criteria from your Broadsign Control Administrator domain with Broadsign Direct. To do this, decide which folders will contain whitelisted display units and criteria. Any resources (including sub-folders) that appear in either of these folders will sync with your domain on Broadsign Direct.
Warning: Be sure to only whitelist folders that contain display units and criteria that are in production. Refrain from including test resources in the whitelisted folders.
Once Broadsign receives this information, we will create your domain and provide you with Admin user credentials.
As part of the quick setup, there are a few things to do for your domain:
- Upload your proposal header.
- Select your proposal accent color.
- Set your domain's currency.
To upload your proposal header:
The image that you upload here will appear at the top of all of your proposals. See Proposal PDF.
Note: For best results, we suggest an image size of 2480 × 400 px.
From the General tab, select Upload Picture.
- In the Open dialogue box, locate and click your image. Then click Open. Your image will appear in the Proposal Header section.
To select your proposal accent color:
The accent color that you select here will appear throughout all of your proposals. See Proposal PDF.
We suggest that you use a primary color from your company's branding palette.
- From the General tab, select an accent color using one of the following methods:
To set your domain's currency:
In the General section, you can configure your network's currency.
You can enter up to eight characters. As a best practice, we recommend using the ISO 4217 currency codes, e.g., USD, CAD, EUR, etc.
Note: The currency field cannot be empty.
Admin users can add images to the screens on a network. These photos could appear in your proposal PDF and represent your offer (sometimes called a "hero shot"). Broadsign recommends using a photo from your sales collateral.
Also, users with Sales or Manager credentials can quickly see a picture of a screen in your inventory.
The following are the recommended content formats for your images:
|Web image formats||PNG; JPEG|
|Ratio and Resolution||
600 pixels × 400 pixels
Note: For best results, we suggest using a picture that is 600 pixels × 400 pixels. Although the maximum height is 400 pixels, the maximum width is 1500 pixels. We maintain aspect ratio, so will try to make the image fit within 1500 pixels × 400 pixels. If you use a smaller resolution, image quality will deteriorate.
To assign an image to a screen:
- Go to the Digital Inventory page (see Digital Inventory Page).
From your inventory, select a screen by clicking on the icon on the far left.
The screen's information sheet opens.
- Select Browse content or drag and drop a file into the dialogue box.
- If you selected Browse content, browse to the image's location and select it.
The image will appear in the screen's information sheet.
Note: The image from the first screen in the proposal is its default image. You can override the image when editing the proposal. See Description and Picture Uploader.
For more information, see: