Customers are organizations that wish to display an advertisement on your network.
They represent a source of content you can book and schedule to Broadsign Control Players. For easier management, the customer resource can collect the ad copies and campaigns of a client in one location.
With the customer resource, you can also:
- set a locale for language and country
- set tax rates for certain reports
- set default categories for campaigns
The "Customers" training video is part of the "Content and Scheduling" playlist:
- 1 of 5: Ad Copies
- 2 of 5: Categories
- 3 of 5: Campaigns
- 4 of 5: Customers (below)
- 5 of 5: Events
Note: If you are new to Broadsign Control, we suggest you start with the Network Setup playlist.
Customers – Outlines how to create a customer resource, and book campaigns from within it.
If you select Customers from the resource tabs on the left, then right-click anywhere in the work area, you will see this menu:
- Add Customer – Opens the Add Customer Wizard.
- Edit Customer – Opens the Customer Properties dialogue box.
- Add Customer Folder – Opens the Add Folder Wizard dialogue box.
- Edit Folder – Opens the Customer Folder Properties dialog box. Customer folder properties are identical to campaign folder properties. See Folder Properties, Contacts and Notifications.
- Batch Campaign – Opens the Batch Campaign Wizard. See Batch Campaign Wizard.
- Batch Add Frames – Opens the Batch Add Frames Wizard. See Batch Add/Drop Frames.
- Batch Drop Frames – Opens the Batch Drop Frames Wizard. See Batch Add/Drop Frames.
For general information about adding, editing and deactivating resources, see Overview - Resources.
To add a customer, use one of the following methods:
Go to the Schedules ribbon, and then select the Customer icon.
- From the resource tabs on the left, select Customers. Then, right-click anywhere in the work area. From the contextual menu, select Add Customer.
By default, the Add Customer Wizard contains the following pages:
To edit a customer, use one of the following methods:
From the list panel, select a customer. Then, from the view bar, select Edit.
- From the list panel, double-click on a customer.
The General Section
- General – Find the resource ID, edit the customer name, and deactivate the resource, if you want.
- Locale – Edit the language and country (used to configure currency).
- Taxes – Apply any regional taxes.
- Defaults – Here you can specify default separation categories and full screen properties for this customer. If set, all campaigns created beneath this customer will inherit these properties. This avoids having to set these properties repeatedly on each bundle in each campaign the customer has.
Note: These properties only apply to newly created campaigns; changing these properties will not affect existing campaigns.
The Footers Section
- Insertion Report Footer – Specify the default insertion report footer for orders.
- Affidavit Report Footer – Specify the default affidavit report footer for orders.
Customer folder properties are identical to campaign folder properties. See Folder Properties, Contacts and Notifications.
In the list panel of explorer view, each resource has a column selector menu. With this menu, you can configure the list panel to display information you want.
To access a resource's column selector menu:
- From the view bar, select Explorer view.
- In the list panel, hover your pointer over the panel header.
- Right-click, and the column selector menu will appear.
Select as many column options as you want.
- Id – Indicates the unique ID number of the resource.
See Overview - Resources.
- Active – Indicates whether the resource is in an "active" or "inactive" state.
See Overview - Resources.
- Domain Id – Indicates the unique ID number of the domain. See The General Section.
- Locale – Indicates the locale of the customer (language and country). See Add a Customer.
- Affidavit Footer – Indicates whether or not you have associated an affidavit footer with the customer. See Add an Order.
- Insertion Footer – Indicates whether or not you have associated an insertion footer with the customer. See Add an Order.
- Default Category Id – Indicates the unique ID number of the campaign's default category, if applicable. See Edit Category Properties.
- Default Fullscreen – Indicates whether you have set the custom geometry of the campaign as full screen or not. See Geometry Page.
- Folder Id – Indicates the unique ID number of the resource folder.
- Default Priority – Indicates whether the customer has a default preemptible value set or not. See Preemption Page.
After you have created a customer in your network, you can then move on to other basic steps: