Broadsign Control for System on Chip
On this page, we describe the installation and configuration options of the software for a digital signage network.
On other pages in the Broadsign Control for System on Chip section, you will find:
- Broadsign Control for System on Chip Quick Start
- Add a Player in Broadsign Control
- Add a Broadsign Control for System on Chip User in Broadsign Control
- Add Campaigns for Broadsign Control for System on Chip
- Install the Broadsign Control for System on Chip Applet
- Deprovision a Device
- Device Management and Monitoring
Broadsign Control for System on Chip is a sophisticated ad-based content and campaign management solution equipped with a robust player that enables the delivery of campaigns across any smart screen. It is a player applet that runs on smart screens which do not use NUCs (Next Unit of Computing)/external media players. System-on-Chip (SoC) screens have a central processing unit (CPU), graphical processing unit (GPU), and RAM built right in which requires tailored software to operate.
Broadsign Control for System on Chip does not have the full range of Broadsign Control features, but it has more advanced functionality than its smart screen CMS counterparts.
Broadsign Control for System on Chip displays playlists generated from a cloud-based ad server.
For media owners who want to manage all of their inventory under one roof, the Broadsign Control for System on Chip solution allows them to include their SoC/smart screens in their Broadsign ecosystem. This eliminates the need to oversee multiple content management systems, creating more efficient and centralized workflows. Broadsign also allows media owners to open their SoC screens to programmatic advertising.
You will need the following to properly configure and use Broadsign Control for System on Chip:
- Request that Broadsign Control for System on Chip is activated on your domain.
- Request that Broadsign Air is activated on your domain.
- A user in Broadsign Control Administrator with a valid REST API authorization token. See Add a Broadsign Control for System on Chip User in Broadsign Control.
Broadsign Control for System on Chip can run on the following third-party platforms:
- LG smart TVs running the WebOS Linux-based system.
- WebOS 1.0
- WebOS 2.0
- WebOS 3.0
- WebOS 3.2
- WebOS 4.0
- WebOS 4.1
- WebOS 6.0
- Samsung TVs running the Tizen system.
- SSSP4 – Tizen 2.4 (currently unavailable)
- SSSP5 – Tizen 3.0
- SSSP6 – Tizen 4.0
- SSSP7 – Tizen 5.0
- SSSP10 – Tizen 6.5
- BrightSign, which is an affordable external media player.
- Gen 3 and 4 of any BrightSign player (LS, HD, XT/XD) with FW v7 or v8.
- OS 8.
For all platforms:
- Various models are supported.
- Check which models are certified.
- Check the limitations per model.
- Check the Supported Media / MIME Types
- Check the firmware requirements
Broadsign Control for System on Chip supports the following Broadsign Control Player features:
- HTML Packages
- Filler Content
- Custom Geometry
- Conditions: Including scheduled conditions
- Leader-Follower Synchronization
- External Saturation
- Audience Data Management (.csv)1
- Missing in Action alerts
- Offline POP
Note: Broadsign Control Live features are not supported.
Broadsign Control for System on Chip supports the following media types:
- MPEG-4 videos (.mp4)
- MPEG videos (.mpg)
- MOV videos (.mov)
- AVI videos (.avi)
- WebM videos (.webm)
- JPEG images (.jpg)
- PNG images (.png)
- GIF images (.gif)
- BMP images (.bmp)
- Broadsign HTML Packages (.x-html-package)
- Broadsign Reach content (x-reach)
Support for 4K Video
Many manufacturers indicate that their screens can play 4K video, but in fact they can only play HD content (1920x1080). These screens are physically 4K, but rely on internal upscaling of the HD content to fit the 4K screen. They cannot actually decode and stream native 4K content.
- Broadsign Control for System on Chip does not support Broadsign Publish.
- Broadsign Control for System on Chip cannot be run from servers in China.
- Broadsign Control for System on Chip does not support the following features:
- Multiple Frames
- Location Services (geotarget/geofencing/geolocation)
- DU Timezone
- Real-time POP
- Enforce Resolution/Orientation
- Evaluate Conditions at Play
- FTP feeds
- Simple Screen Control
- SmartFeed / Tickers
- Incident Management: Only MIA (on-line/off-line) notification is supported.
- Emergency Messaging
- Player APIs (e.g. Remote Action, Triggers, etc)
- RS-232 Commands
- Custom POP
- Portrait video playback (HD & LS models)
- Full-HD only resolution (HD & LS models)