Broadsign Reach Release Notes
This section contains the complete release notes for all releases of Broadsign Reach.
- Duplication of deals. The Deals page has a new icon that lets a user duplicate a deal. A pop up will show up upon clicking, and they can adjust settings before finally saving. See Duplicate a Deal.
- Screen count is a new field on the screen object. It indicates the number of screens that a player is hooked up to. See Basics.
- Removal of all notions of "default audience" on a screen level. No audience will exist on the screen object itself. See Default Audience.
- Added average impression multiplier to Screen object and import/export CSV. See Additional Info and Column Details.
- Added the Screen Type field (LED, OLED, Plasma etc.) to assist with Broadsign’s sustainability efforts. See Additional Info.
- Added Open Exchange priority setting on the Publisher object. See Basics.
- Added quick filters on Creatives page, so a user can quickly filter the list view for all Pending, Rejected and Approved creatives. See Creatives.
- Added a search function when selecting DSPs for Auto-Approval on the Publisher object. See How to Use the Creative Auto-Approval Feature.
- Added multiple creative management features:
- Publishers can now bulk approve and bulk reject creatives submitted to them. See Reviewing, Approving and Rejecting Creatives.
- Publishers can also see a thumbnail preview of the creative on the creative list. Clicking on the thumbnail will open up a preview of the creative with essential details. See Review a Creative from the Preview.
- “Only these deals can win” feature was added on the creative object, allowing publishers to enforce a PMP deal path for a specific creative. See Target Deals for Creatives.
- Floor prices of $0.01 are no longer automatically added when adding a new currency to a deal. Publishers must input the value themselves.
- Added Rejection Reasons to Creatives:
- Publishers can input a reason when rejecting creatives.
- Publishers reasons are sent to DSP contacts immediately to streamline communications.
- See Reviewing, Approving and Rejecting Creatives.
- Fixed an issue on creative auto-approval settings where you had to re-select all partners when adding one.
- Platform speed improvements.
- Added Active / Inactive status on Screens. Inactive screens will not send bid requests, and are not visible if they are included in deals. See Basics.
- Added the Screen Exclusion functionality to screen targeting in deals. See Set up Screen Targeting.
- Added “AND” targeting in tag targeting in deals. See Set up Tag Targeting.
- Fixed an issue where you could not delete a screen that is currently being targeted in a deal via screen targeting.
- Updates to the Saved Reporting home page.
- Filters are added for Created By and Status.
- Search bar has been added for ease of use.
- Bulk actions in the report view have been added for deleting, pausing or resuming multiple reports at once.
- See Schedule a Report.
- Transaction type differentiation in Broadsign Reach Reporting. Users can now select a specific transaction type in Reporting for a more specific view. See Graphical Section.
- Added Creative Submission Date to the Creatives List. This field shows the Date and Timestamp of when the DSP submitted the creative to the publisher. See The Creative List.
- Added Saved and Scheduled Reporting.
- Publishers and Admins now have the ability to Save a Report. All filters, dimensions and metrics from the reporting dashboard are fully supported.
- They can also schedule a saved report to be sent to a list of e-mails, at any time of day, in any time zone, any day of the week.
- Other features released include the ability to edit, export, pause, and delete a saved report.
- See Saved Reports.
- Added Broadsign Reach Open Exchange
- The Open Exchange allows DSPs to bid on Open Exchange-enabled inventory without a pre-defined Deal ID.
- Using CPMs set on the screens, DSPs can streamline campaign activations and reduce operational issues by opting in to the Open Exchange.
- See Open Exchange Feature.
- Added the Broadsign Reach Header Bidder feature, which consolidates programmatic demand from multiple supply-side platforms. See Header Bidder Feature.
- Added settings on the Screens card:
- Added Open Exchange Enabled flag
- Added currency-specific Floor CPMs.
- Added Allows Motion flag.
- Added Diagonal Size Units on screens.
- Deprecated a number of unused fields on screens.
- See Basics.
- Updated the import/export CSV sheet for screens. See Column Details.
- Added Priority on the Deals page List View. See The Deal List.
- Reduced Proof-of-Play (POP) timeout from 48h to 4h.
- Updated Venue Type object in bid request to comply with OpenOOH Venue Type Taxonomy v.1.1.
- Optimization on audience schedule upload.
- Optimization on the search functionality.
- Added Size Targeting in the Inventory Targetings on Deals. A publisher can now select specific resolutions for screens to be included into deals. See Inventory Targeting.
- Optimizations on screen and audience upload speeds.
- Fixed an issue with the
Last-Modifiedheader not being updated when an Inventory Targeting option deal was added/removed on a Deal.
- Fixed an issue with creative auto-ingestion where an additional publisher could not receive the same creative as the first.
- Added support for supply side win/loss notifications for secondary decisioning in ad responses.
- Removed “venue” object from Place Exchange bid requests.
- Blocked the Finish Upload button on screen import until after validation.
- Fixed an issue where the history on screen uploads does not show on screens.
- Fixed an issue with the screen CSV upload via API.
- Added support for the "player_id" field in ad requests.
- Fixed an issue with short inactivity timeouts.
- Default all deals to Private:
- The “Private” check box has been removed. See Auction Settings.
- Seat and demand targeting are now both required.
- Setting an end date on a deal is now optional.
- Renamed various section titles for more clarity. See Deals.
- Removed the “Category” and “Demography” targeting in Deals. See Inventory Targetings.
- Added the Documentation tab in Broadsign Reach.
- Added tool tips on creative auto-approval settings.
- Removal of Variable Impressions per Slot selection from the UI.
- Ordering of every list in Broadsign Reach is now descending, instead of ascending. This means the most recent creatives, deals, screens etc. show up first in the list.
- Creative Auto-Ingestion via DSP Bid Responses:
- Added functionality on DSP to allow automated submission of creatives from bid responses.
- Image and video creatives can be taken from a bid response, and submitted immediately to the appropriate publisher.
- "Billable" and "Non-Billable flag on demand sources
- Added functionality to set whether a specific demand source is billable or non-billable in Broadsign Reach, and added in the appropriate logging to tell whether a single transaction can be processed by finance or not.
- Reporting Updates
- Optimized the CSV Export speed.
- Added Agency Name into the Reporting dimensions.
- Geo-targeted screens shown in Deals UI and API.
- Publishers who select geo-targeting as their deal targeting will now be able to see all targeted screens in the selected regions.
- Integrated DSPs will also see the full, accurate list of screens in a deal via API.
- New Broadsign Reach Reporting platform available to 100% of Broadsign Reach publishers.
- This includes precise breakdowns by any dimension (screens, deal, DSP, creative, advertiser etc.).
- Accurate representation of financial data with gross/net revenue with Tech Fees.
- See Programmatic Reporting.
- If-Modified-Since Headers on creatives
- Allows DSPs to integrate with our Creatives API to quickly and efficiently fetch approval data for their clients.
- Filtering on creative approval status is now fixed.
- An issue that was blocking the ability to select specific agencies in deal targeting has been fixed.
- Creative Auto-approval confirmation emails are no longer sent for inactive users.
- Screen Import Improvements - When a user uploads a screen list, they now get instant feedback and validation in the UI before the upload, as well as the ability to export any errors quickly. This will allow them to manage their inventory in a self-serve fashion and reduce the workload on our internal teams. See Set up Screen Inventory from a CSV File.
- Increased the Broadsign Authentication inactivity timeout from 15 minutes to 24 hours.
- The same creatives submitted simultaneously are now blocked from being submitted to publishers multiple times. Any duplicates are now blocked.
- Increased Aspect Ratio Matching from 5% to 200%. This means that if a DSP bids with a 1080x1920 creative wanting to play on a 4K (2160x3840) screen, now it can!
- Screen configuration status showing errors on partial API updates is now fixed.
- Screen Configuration Status now shown in the Screen List. The status can also be filtered for and screens can be exported specifically on this status. Errors shown are:
- Screen has no audience data
- Screen has no venue type
- Screen lat/long is (0,0)
- Screen is missing tags
- Tagged deals section included in the Screen List.
- Creative submission sometimes stuck on upload.
- Screens Export to CSV available for publishers. See Set up Screen Inventory from a CSV File.
- Database optimization to drastically reduce query times (can now export 20k screens in 10 seconds vs. previous 3+ minutes).
- Infrastructure improvement update addressing stability issues.
- Changing username display to email to match with Broadsign customer logins.