This section contains the release notes for the 2019 releases of Broadsign Publish.
- Fixed a permission issue that allows incorrect users to upload contents.
- Fixed a display issue of the breadcrumb home icon.
- Fixed a display issue of the upload close button.
- Fixed an issue that causes the screen selection filter to show no screens as "selected" or "unselected".
- Fixed some translation issues.
- Fixed a bug that causes the Random Playlist button to be invisible.
- Fixed some display bugs on Internet Explorer.
- We added an optional template duration. The message duration is read-only if it is created from a template with a predefined duration. See params.json Reference.
- Now you can clear all your notifications without having to click each one of them. See Notification Center.
- We added an option to add shared folders when creating a group. See Add a User Group.
- We improved the permission system to allow read-only sharing. See Share Content.
- “Can use”: users can only use the content in a message. The content cannot be moved, deleted or renamed.
- “Can edit”: users can edit, move, delete or rename the content.
- “Can access player messages”: permission now also applies to emergency messages. Users can view messages scheduled to a screen created by other user if the targeted screen is also shared with them. Without this permission, the user will only be able to view messages created by themselves.
- Fixed an issue that causes the comments to disappear after a refresh.
- Fixed a bug that resets the Emergency Message duration when editing its content.
- Now you can schedule Messages without an end date! See 3- Schedule the Message.
- You can now batch "move", “delete” and “share” resources from the Your Library or Your Screens pages. See:
- When viewing what is playing on a screen, you can toggle messages to play either in the specified order or randomly. See See What is Playing on Your Screen.
- You can now select all screens outside of the "shared with me" folder.
- Fixed an issue that a user sees the notification for their own message.
- We addressed an issue with message access permission.
- You can now upload multiple assets at once using the new upload button in the library, see Add Content to the Library.
- You can now select multiple screens when creating or editing a message by selecting folders or using the “select all” check box, see 2- Select Screens.
- Impersonation functionality needed to refresh the page to show accurate info.
- You can now add comments to library items, see Comments Panel.
- Select an item in the library, and then click on the "Associated comments" tab to the right of the screen to view or add comments.
- In-app content notifications, see Notification Center.
- Approvers will receive a notification when new pieces of content are waiting for approval.
- The owner of the content will receive a notification when it is approved or rejected.
- When a comment is added to a piece of content, the owner and all users that have previously commented on the asset will receive a notification.
- More email notifications
- Emails are now also sent to users when their messages or pieces of content have been approved or rejected.
- When a comment is added to a message or a piece of content, the owner and all users that have previously commented will receive an email notification.
- Email notifications can be deactivated for any users that do not need to receive notification in forms of emails, see Add and Edit Users.
- Local users were potentially receiving notifications for their own actions.
- Last message on the screen “playing on” view can no longer be hidden by the page footer.
- Eye icon was no longer launching the library preview.
- Message Comments can be added from the confirmation page of the wizard at creation or approval time.
- In-app Message Notifications, see Notification Center:
- Approvers will receive a notification when new messages are waiting for approval.
- The message creators will receive a notification when it is approved or rejected.
- When a comment is added to a message, the message owner and all users that have previously commented on the message will receive a notification.
- Now you can add comments to messages, see Comments Panel.
- Select a message in the list view or grid view, and then click the Associated comments tab on the right of the screen to view or add comments.
- PNG file extension is now accepted besides png.
- We added some UI customizations.
- We added some UI customizations.
- The Emergency Message feature is now available!
- To configure a Player to use the Emergency Message feature, see Configure the Emergency URL.
- To activate an Emergency Message, see Activate an Emergency Message.
- There are two different permissions to control who can prepare and who can activate an emergency message, see Message Permissions.
- To receive an email notification when an Emergency Message is activated and deactivated , see Emergency Messaging Contact List.
Note that the Emergency Message feature is not compatible with videos for this version.
- New approval workflow for messages.
- Decide whose messages must be approved before being published, see Approve or Reject a Message.
- Grant users the privilege to approve messages, see Approve or Reject a Message.
- A “Message is waiting approval” email is sent automatically to the approvers.
- Add customized links in Broadsign Publish so the users can easily navigate to useful resources, see Add Custom Links.
- Don’t want your users to manage their own passwords? Now you can limit password reset access, see Add and Edit Users.
- Added the grid view mode to allow a quick find of messages. See List View vs. Grid View (Your Messages) and List View vs. Grid View (Your Emergencies).
- Tooltips are added to disabled buttons to indicate how to proceed.
- The calendar for scheduling a message is now properly showing the user selected language.
- Cancelling a message edit will now properly redirect to the message view.
- When removing a screen from Broadsign Publish, the messages are not removed from the playlist, so they will continue to play. A workaround is to unregister from the Broadsign Publish Admin page.
- General UI improvements.
- We fixed some minor translation issues.
- We fixed an error preventing users from deleting screens.
- Forgot your login password? We added a “I forgot my password” link to help you reset it. See Reset Password.
- Users can now delete their own content without any special permission but are prevented from deleting their folders if content from others are in (requires “assets | can delete content” permission).
- Permission to access all messages from a shared screen is now fixed (can access player messages).
- Content approvers do not require the “admin” access to be able to approve or reject content anymore.
We have added two new permissions:
“assets | can change content shared with him” allows a user to rename and delete content that was shared with them. It also allows create folders under a shared folder structure.
“assets | can delete content shared with him” allows a user to delete content.
See Assets Permissions.
Fixed an issue where content added by a user could be hidden from the group manager.
HTML templates with image upload now respect PNG transparency.
HTML templates with more than one customizable image slot now display the selected image independent from one another.
- Added a “Waiting for approval” filter for the library content. See Approve or Reject Content.
- Network operators can now filter messages by user / user groups. See Filter by Users or Groups.
- Email notification will be sent to the moderators for content approval. There is a hyperlink in the email to navigate directly to the approval page. No more need to search for the contents needing approval! See Approve or Reject Content from Email.
- Native Broadsign Play support in Broadsign Publish (Media such as video and audio will start playing once the playback starts, instead of at prebuffer time). See Set up an HTML5 Template for Broadsign Publish.
- Message key information can now be viewed on any message list.
- You can limit the maximum message duration for a domain in the domain settings. See Set the Maximum Message Duration.
- You can set a Broadsign Control Administrator folder for Broadsign Publish creatives. See Define the Broadsign Control Ad Copy Folder ID.
- A new feature to impersonate other managed users is now available. Use this feature to guide your users or just to verify the user is correctly set up before giving them access. See Impersonate a User.
- You can now include and allow selection of an audio file to play from a template. See Set up an HTML5 Template for Broadsign Publish.
- You can now include and allow users to pick and crop an approved image to use that is not already included in a template.
- Don’t want a message to play on a screen anymore? You can remove it from the screen view. See Remove a Message from a Screen.
- Unregistered screens are now automatically removed from messages.